Thursday, February 22, 2007

Hungry? Before you answer.....

What will you put in your mouth? I'd like to think I'm pretty open-minded in the pursuit of gustatory greatness. I'll go the distance on most things. I've had brains, kidneys, liver, thymus gland (aka sweetbreads). I've always thought if I was in a foreign country getting my grub (literally and figuratively) on, I'd eat pretty much anything the natives would. Handful of fried insects? Sure...I hear it's like popcorn. Taking that into account, I've got nothing on Eddie Lin and his fellow food adventurers at Deep End Dining. Check out the video from their February 20th blogpost about the "Hot Pot of Doom". How far will they go? How about the usual brains & kidneys...then layer on some pork throat, rooster testicles, and........well, you've gotta see it to believe it. Kudos guys...Tony Bourdain would be impressed!

2 comments:

CamiKaos said...

I'm so not into organs... I don't know if that's brave but kudos... better them than me...

bb said...

I'm sure they'd say "we're very openminded"...and don't think there isn't some "what the fuck did I get myself into?" going on!