Monday, June 18, 2007

Why not, indeed?

As a rule, I'm not a big breakfast person. But on the way out of town yesterday, w and I didn't want to day trip without some sustenance, so we stopped at our favorite tacqueria, ¿Por Que No? on North Mississippi, because when don't little tacos taste good besides never? At least that was our thought heading in. I had forgotten that on weekends they do their version of brunch, where along with their usual killer tacos...including crazy good carnitas that will make you swoon in meaty delight...they offer other specials, which can include among other things huevos rancheros, a tamale with eggs, and my favorite, chilaquiles. Chilaquiles are what Mexicans do with leftover tortillas. They are cut into pieces, fried, then smothered in a red/green sauce, onion, cilantro, cheese, and sometimes (like at PQN) served with egg. It is so good, and I have a feeling something I'll be exploring at home. w had the huevos, that were also muy bueno, but for me chilaquiles are the deal. And at $7.50 a plate, a fabulous deal! Dig this, amigos......

2 comments:

SteamyKitchen said...

Remind me to bring along my Tums if I go out to eat with you!!

;-)
j

bb said...

But it hurts so good, right? That's what martinis are for, to settle the tummy!!