Saturday, November 08, 2008

What I'm listening to right now

I admit to being a music obsessive. Thousands and thousands of songs in the iTunes library, rash buying decisions in the iTunes store (the latest being a late night, post-going-out-with-friends-where-much-adult-beverage-was-consumed, rocking out session with w and deciding right then that I HAD TO HAVE the complete remastered Led Zeppelin catalog for $100. The only time I regret the decision is when their 29:18 minute version of Dazed and Confused comes on. I don't know if anyone could smoke enough weed to get through that), and a proclivity for playing music at house shaking levels when cooking for dinner parties. And then there are always songs that come up that make me run to the volume control of my beloved Klipsch Pro-Media speakers (the best deal EVER on home speakers) and crank it up a few notches. Don't You Evah by Spoon is a perfect example. I'm a sucker for a beat, and Spoon's beats are right in my sweet spot......

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Love Spoon, absolutely love them. Kill the Moonlight is still my favorite album, but Gimme Fiction is a close second. With all due respect to the Pacific Northwest, I have to say that my home state of Texas produces some kick-ass bands.